Thursday, April 7, 2011

Vintage Victorian

Good Morning to you all! I am sooo glad the weather is finally warming up! Time to bring out the flip-flops! lol ;)   Yesterday while I was stuck inside I made this little beauty. I love it!



 I must admit, I've been in sort of a slump since Saturday, not liking anything I did, and when I sat down Tuesday, it seemed all I could make was a mess. :( But as I was looking through very old posts on lots of blogs, I found one that had a box that had a peek hole. I'd been wanting to do something vintage-y, and all of a sudden my mind took off! :) I used the dimentions from my book-box (which I have yet to post lol) but instead of making a book insert I just did a box.


After I had the basic box done....time to emellish!!!! I had so much fun! I used vintage lace, pearls and crystals, and of course lots of flowers. I wanted a lace doily to go on the inside, but couldnt find any small enough so i hot glued lace onto the back of my paper and I think it worked pretty good. :)


So it was all going really good until I lined the inside edges with lace......now my box wouldnt close!!! Oh I got so upset! What was I to do?? Then.....insperation!!! My mom always made my clothes growing up because we could never find anything that fit..sooooo I raided her drawer and found a hook and eye from jeans, and made my own latch! It works really good :)


Okk now down to business.....alot of this stuff was from my mom's and my stash. I've been digging through drawers lately and finding great things I forgot we had! all of the pearls where from a kit for..something? From years ago, as was the stick pin. I used the pearls from that kit and gold beads from my bead bin. All of my flowers are from Wild Orchid, and the really big shock----I didn't glitter them!! I wanted to really keep the vintage/victorian feel, and I wasnt sure if glitter fit into that. I really like it glitterless though which is a surprise from me! ;) I think the lack of glitter makes it more elegant though.  The paper was K & Company Classic K McKenna.

This is the back of the box, I used more vintage lace, pearls, and more coordinating paper. I inked the edges of it to try and give it a distressed look/feel.


Oh before I forget- the pearl sprays are from the bridal section at Hobby Lobby. I have to go get more!! I'm running low!!! The punch for the border on the box was a MS punch around the page, and I used the nesties die labels four, and I used the die 'fleur de lis' for the latch.


And here's the bottom. I wanted to make it fancy also, so I distressed this paper as well, and added cutey little feet. :) I used white beads from my stash, and then put silver bead caps on the bottom of those. I don't have my own personal stamp yet like my mom, but I'm improvising for now ;) lol..


And last but not least I am entering my box into these challenges...
1. Mami Doodles - punch/die cut
2. Craft Your Passion - anything goes
3. Anything Goes - pearls
4. The Crazy Challenge - just add flowers
5. Papertake Weekly - anything goes
6. Creative Inspirations - punches and dies
7. Freshly Brewed - flowers


Thanks so much for peeking!

11 comments:

  1. Hi just wanted to ask a question, you have entered into the Anything goes DT call did you mean to or was you entering into the Pearls challenge?
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear....I meant to enter the pearls challenge...how do I fix that? :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow this is stunning and thanks for sharing with Creative inspirations wednesday challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful creation.So many details.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza, absolutely gorgeous!!! Isn't it fun finding goodies in yours or somebody else's stash?!!! Use it up, that way you can buy more!!! LOL!! Thanks for joining us at the Freshly Brewed flowers challenge.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great box is received. Flowers are splendid detail. Thank you for participating in The Crazy Challenge. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW... this is a stunning paper project. I love the vintage look. You did a wonderful job:)Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week for our "Anything Goes Challenge." We hope to see you again on Monday for our next challenge. XX
    Barbara GDT

    9 April 2011 03:37

    Post a Comment

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a gorgeous project! I love all the different elements to this and the pearls are beautiful. Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge. Hugs. Katy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely gift box. This is such a treasure and could see it being handed down into the next generations to be. Love every detail of the pearls, roses and gorgeous trims. Thanks for entering this beauty into our Mami Doodles Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful box, love the vintage look. Many thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful box, love the vintage feel of it. Many thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete